Where do we go from here?
We have seen the legacy and contribution of Dr. King, but how do we continue walking the road he paved?
- Talk about it: We should ‘make our chatter matter’. Areas and places such as MCA’s ‘Let’s Talk about it’ are great opportunities.
- Listen: What good is it to talk without listening to others? James 1:19 states, “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry”.
- Educate: One way to help the cause is by educating oneself on the situation and making an action plan. If there are low supplies, starting a drive can make a difference in a life.
- Volunteer: There are hundreds of organizations and volunteer opportunities for outreach. Spend time helping others.
- Donations: In tandem with educating oneself, donating to an organization, whether monetary or supplies/resources, helps them influence more people in greater ways.
- Pray: Above all else, pray. Pray for their families, situations, security, and safety.. Philippians 4:6 states, “Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.”